Do you find that your computer is running pretty slow? This happens to all Windows operating systems over time, but do not worry, here are some tips and tricks to get your computer running at top speed.
- Defrag. The single most effective way of increasing the performance of your computer. The way your hard drive stores information, if you install and uninstall, create then delete, it becomes a mess. Run a defrag once a month for optimum results
- Disk Cleanup. Cleans up unwanted files and clutter. Run this before a Defrag.
- Uninstall unwanted programs. Most computers come with preinstalled programs affectionately known as “Bloatware”. Uninstall such programs and others you do not use.
- Windows Classic Theme. If you do not care about all the animations and flashy backgrounds, use the Windows classic theme.
- Startup programs. Type “msconfig” in run to open up msconfig, then click on the startup tab. In there you can remove unnecessary items that start up with your computer slowing it down.
So there you have it, just a few tips and tricks for speeding up your computer. For more useful tips and tricks, stop by our tech blog at www.diagnostic.org/techblog
For more information on Diagnostic Network Technologies and the services we provide, please visit our website at www.diagnostic.org/services